Our Dubai boutique office is looking for talents from all around the globe
WE ARE HIRING
Interior Design Draughtsman Position
Employment Type: Full Time
Monthly Salary: Basic
Minimum Work Experience: 3 Years
Age: 25 years +
Minimum Education Level: Diploma in Architecture / Interior Design
Will work closely with Senior Design staff to produce drawings for various international projects.
- Layout drawings to show wall/floor/ceiling finishes, furniture layouts, joinery key plans, lighting layouts. Follow marked-up drawings produced by the Interior Designers.
- Full room interior elevations to show finishes, details, features, joinery intent, location of fixtures and fittings.
- Bathroom elevations to show design intent of wall and floor tiles.
- Typical Door drawings to show the design intent, door handles, frames, etc.
- Design intent for Power/data and Home Automation.
- Design intent drawings for Custom joinery items (plan/elevation/section/details).
- Typical Detail drawings for ceilings, walls, floors, joints, features, etc.
- Coordinating the lighting layouts, ceiling finishes, Home Automation drawings and MEP drawings to produce a coordinated RCP.
- Initially checking the drawings produced by external parties (i.e. MEP consultant and Home Automation supplier) and overlaying them/coordinating them with the Interior Design intent and reporting any discrepancies or issues. Prepare the drawings for the Interior Designers review.
- Preparing drawings ready for issue to external suppliers.
- Preparing documents and drawings in various formats for issuing to site.
- Sometimes it will be necessary to update Specification Schedules (Excel format) when required.
- Update the drawing/document register when information is issued.
- Assisting with the Document Control of a project. Must be diligent with the naming and saving of soft copy files on the server
- Architectural or interior design related background
- Software skills: MS Office and design related programmes (AutoCAD, sketchup, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, ect.)
The Draftsman will be working alongside the Interior Designers, and will play an active part in preparing the documentation for submissions.
Constant communication with the Interior Designers is required. Must be able to follow multiple instructions or tasks.
The Draftsman will be an essential link between the Design Team and the Site Team during construction phase. Must be able to take information from the site team when required, and will be required to pass design information onto the site team when required by the Interior Designer (verbal or written communication). Experience of working in a site situation is essential. Excellent knowledge of construction detailing is essential.